Sunday 15 March 2015

What's in my handbag?

Quite a fun post today. I always enjoy having a little snoop at the loyal items people carry around with them; those beauty pieces which have outshone all the others in their collection. That red lipstick which has stood out from the dozens of red lipsticks in the box and the hairband which spruces up a boring hairstyle should unexpected drinks come into plan.

This is how my current handbag has looked for the best past of three months (minus the sunglasses. A recent and optimistic addition). The Daily Journal is by Frankie Press, an Australian magazine I subscribe to. Discovered at a time when I was fed up of reading the same generic articles and sought after a magazine which was creative and covered food, music, DIY and travel. Have a look at the website. The 80's hair scrunchie, band and clip are what I was talking about with the hair items that jazz up an otherwise mundane style. I have these floating around my bag in case I need to get my hair off my face or suddenly feel like doing an eighties ponytail. The Tangle Teaser is lightweight and good for smoothing hair and de-tangling. Mine is so overused that the plastic bristles are looking a little shabby nowadays. My Lacoste purse which is so durable and worn looking, but I love it. It also has a cool little mirror on the inside flap. It belonged to my friend who saw I didn't have a purse and liked it, so tipped her money out and insisted I took it, even though she no longer had a purse. How sweet is that? 

The Chloe perfume was my obsession for a long time. It's a really delicate, playful scent with a bit of a musk in there preventing it from smelling too youthful. The Antipodes Jubilation cream smells like fresh peppermint. It's a nice, gentle all over cream but I mostly use it on my hands because it doesn't leave any sticky residue. The Chanel Les Beiges powder gives a very subtle glow and is good for touch ups. I get a really oily forehead in the afternoon's so if I'm out all day then this is a good thing to have. The Chanel blush in 'innocent' is good for if I make an unexpected plan and want to look more polished. It's a natural pink which is really flattering and looks as though I've been walking briskly through the countryside. I have always worried about wearing blush as I really blush sometimes quite unexpectedly and dread looking like a clown with pre-existing blush on already, but thankfully I haven't had a problem with this looking too heavy. A full review on these Chanel items will be coming soon anyway!The sunglasses are by Jeepers Peepers and look so glam. I love vintage inspired accessories and always feel like the bees knees when I put these on.

 The gold bullet next to it is the Max Factor lipstick in Ruby Tuesday  which I have been wearing for four years because I just feel really chic when I wear it.It's a glossy pink which makes green eyes pop and I can't tell you how many compliment's I've received over the years with this one. My mum said it looks as though I've been eating a lollypop when I wear it. Well worth a swatch if you pass by the counter in the drugstore. The black circular palette is by Jemma Kidd. It contains a lip/cheek tint, champagne coloured highlighter and two neutralising shades. This has come in handy numerous times for last second retouches while on the go. I have been trying to buy one of these for my kit, but sadly I think it has been discontinued. Gutted! 

The Bourjois healthy mix concealer is the best concealer I have ever used, and I haven't thought about another concealer for two years. It's light so it doesn't sink into any fine lines or go cakey and the formulation brightens the skin really nicely to make the eye area look more awake. The  liquid eyeliner is the most long lasting and easy to apply one I've found so far. I was becoming so frustrated with how quickly these liquid pen eyeliners dry out but this is still going strong. The brand is DHC cosmetics which is Japanese, but a US brand seems have bought it to make it more accessible.The very battered looking tube on the bottom right is the Jason natural deodorant stick in the glowing apricot scent. I try to use natural skincare where possible and this works really well for me. Just remember to put the lid and plastic insert back on after use because natural products do need a little more TLC as they don't contain nasty preservatives!

So basically the products I choose are those I can rely on if I want a change of look during the day without carrying what feels like a ton of bricks around. It would be interesting to do a summer update and see what has changed!

No comments:

Post a Comment