Sunday 8 March 2015

London Fashion Week Essentials

A little late, but after mentioning here that I used the Antipodes Grace gentle cleanser when I assisted the lovely and hugely talented Dani Guinsberg on the Hemya LFW show, I thought I'd do a post on some of the other products which served me well on the day. The Mac Strobe cream  is a very widely used product, and for a reason! It's lightweight, mixes well with creams and foundations and it isn't too glittery and shimmery making it really versatile. I use this all the time and it never seems to run out. Look how much is there after regular use for a year! 






A new discovery is the brand Monu who were one of the sponsors of the show.  Honestly, no superlatives can describe how super this brand is for sensitive skin! They have such a fantastic array of very natural and gentle products which I have been trying to keep specifically for my kit but keep dipping into myself. Everyone I have used them on has asked about these products and said how relaxed they felt after.  I love the rosewater toner which is light and cooling, and swipes off makeup really well. The face oil is absolutely brilliant and feels like a proper pampering experience. It isn't as heavy as other face oils and serums I have used so might be worth a try for those who want something a little lighter. Also pretty impressive is the Monu primer which is a clear, lightweight base that does a really good job. No colour, not too much sheen and no glittery bits, it's just simple and leaves the skin smooth and plump. The lip balm goes on like a cream but has a matte finish which worked really well with the barely there makeup theme at the Hemyca show.

An addition to my new discovery list is the French brand  Bella Pierre's cream blusher in coral which gives the most natural healthy flush. Bella Pierre is a mineral makeup brand that sources natural, ethical ingredients. Rather than bringing out makeup just to cash in, products are created according to the consumer requests.At the moment this blush is my go-to product for creating a dewy, fresh look and I loved it so much that the incredibly kind and talented makeup artist Amanda Bell gave it to me from out of her own kit! I was pleasantly surprised to spot the range in the Camden Town Wholefoods so I'm looking forward to testing out their foundations. Talking of foundations, I was in the Wholefoods specifically to purchase the Inika mineral foundation (the very black bottle pictured next to the strobe cream!) which is the best foundation I have ever used. Dani had let me try out hers in the shade 'cream' and I couldn't rush out to buy it fast enough. The foundation has the smoothest finish I've seen and leaves the skin with a glow that just looks like natural skin, but on a really good day. It's light but you barely need to use any at all, and it still looked flawless even after the models had been standing in a hot atrium under bright lights for hours. Amazing.

Also sponsoring the show was the cosmetics brand Lola which does a fab lipstick in the shade 'Minx' that I used to create a natural pink lip. It is a great shade match with the blush and builds really nicely if you're after a more intense shade of pink. To create a slightly fuller brow (below) I used the Illamasqua eyeshadow in the shade 'Obsidian' from the neutral eye palette which gave a nice definition to my model's face.





You can see the backstage video for the Hemyca show below, with Dani, myself and the rest of our makeup team working away and looking super focused. It was such an exciting show to be part of- I was on a total high for days afterwards!





Brand- Hemyca
Sponsors:
Lola cosmetics
Monu skincare
Jessica nails
Vox water
With thanks to Dani Guinsberg at The Sessions School for inviting me along to assist! 

No comments:

Post a Comment