Thursday 26 February 2015

Antipodes organic skincare

Anyone who is into their skincare has that one brand they can always rely on to sort out any skin woes and restore its balance. For the past year my brand of choice has been Antipodes which is an organic brand from New Zealand, and I can honestly say my skin has never been in such prime condition. Even my mum won't look at another night cream any more! The Grace cream cleanser feels like (as my mum put it) rubbing your face with a buttery cloud. It smells divine and leaves my skin  nicely soft and supple. It works really well with the Rejoice day cream (A nice light cream for the summer) which is really good for soothing sensitive skin. I used these two when prepping my models skin during the London Fashion week Hemyca show because, as you can imagine, the models had their makeup constantly rubbed off, applied and reapplied so I wanted products I could trust were not going to cause any irritation!

Twice a week I use the Aura Manuka Honey mask sitting on my face for an hour so the antiseptic honey can get to work on any blemishes. Again, I love the smell of this mask! The texture is really light so for those of you who don't like the tight feeling of clay masks, this could be a good one for you.

The Avocado Pear cream is really rich and potent. When I wake I can still feel the oily residue on my face which I really like because for me, there is nothing worse in a face cream than feeling like it has rubbed off into my pillow during the night. During the winter when my skin has been battered by the wind and air con, I couple this with the Joyous or Hosanna serums which get rid of dry patches and generally help my skin to retain some of its plumpness. The Vanilla Pod day cream makes a nice winter alternative to the Rejoice, as it's thicker and sits on the skin a little longer. Strangely the smell of it really reminds me of Sudocream which makes me feel a little nostalgic every time I apply it!








No comments:

Post a Comment