Sunday 28 June 2015

When Doves Cry...


Happy Sunday folks! I picked up an InStyle magazine a week or two ago thinking I'd give the free nail varnish a try. I am making a pretty good attempt these days to wear more colours which aren't black and beige, so this nail varnish seemed like a good start. I am so haphazard when it comes to sitting still and applying nail varnish/fake tan/hair dye properly and letting it set, but I somehow managed it with this one. This shade is called 'When Doves Cry'. Initially the varnish was watery and quite streaky on my nails. I quickly decided it was either another overrated brand, or that perhaps they were given away free because the formulations weren't great but after applying a second coat it set to a really smooth and glossy finish. Importantly, it also dries mega fast. Some nail varnishes trick you; you think they have dried, go to pick something up and before you know it there's a finger print on your nail. At the bottom is a photo of my hand not wanting to let go of my dream car. It's a gorgeous colour right? Lilac in some lights and more of a cornflower blue in others. A bit more intensity and I think the colour would be too bright and girly for my liking but it's just enough to give a chic and polished look.


No comments:

Post a Comment