Thursday 20 August 2015

The demure damsel


Something has happened which is a big deal in my book. Having loyally carried around the same shade of Maybelline lipstick with me for no less than five years, I always had it in my head that nude lipsticks were boring, not very rock n'roll and very unforgiving on lips prone to dryness. I imagined a nude lip needing constant maintaining throughout the day, not to mention making anyone who didn't have a gorgeous warm toned complexion look washed out. Basically before this week I never felt compelled to wear a nude lip myself.


Introducing the result of some insomnia induced late night shopping, Charlotte Tilbury's lip liner in Iconic Nude paired with the K.I.S.S.I.N.G lipstick in Nude Kate. I think I have finally found my shade! It's a natural looking skin toned shade with just enough pink in to refrain from looking like tip-ex. The formula is creamy and comfortable to wear and it gives my usual black eyeliner with jeans and a t shirt a pulled togetherness! There are only six other Tilbury shades I am after, then I'll be content with my lipstick collection....for now! ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment